Friday, June 25, 2010

Dude, That's My Skull





Happy friday everyone! Or at least trying to have it be so. I have a pounding migraine lurking around in my skull right now that can't decide whether it's coming or going. On top of this, any sort of general body movement, not high on my priority list. Despite all of this, I can find nothing to utterly complain about. This week (counting through last Saturday) seems to have bounced back with a vengence in retort to last week and just splattered me with goodness. Thus, I am forced to dub this under the heading of "best week ever". Honestly, I can't remember my last best week ever. Maybe I just haven't been as aware up until this point. Me and my silly oblivion. I can remember some great self-aware moments, but weeks, I am hard pressed. So, the rundown . . . last week was sort of icky. Wasn't terrible, but certainly not where I wanted on the good-o-meter. So instead of expecting anything this week, I just asked for good things. And boy howdy, did the good things pour!!!

First off, it's been amazingly sunny and warm and gorgeous here this week. It's been heavenly. The last couple of mornings I've awoken to my bedroom completely immersed in sunshine. This always makes me feel beautiful and energized. Ready to take on the world! I love how sunshine warms the skin and instantly lifts the spirit. I can't be a sour puss in sunshine. It's an assault on the world and completely wrong. Drives with the window down, walking barefoot in the grass, picnics in the park - these are all things to be done while accompanied by sunshine. Today it's kind of meh out - warm, but overcast. I'm hoping for sunny sunshine this weekend though. Fingers crossed!

Second, despite being overly hormonal and potentially on-the-verge-of-bitchy, I've been in a pretty good mood all week. I happied myself out of a migraine on Tuesday. For those unaware, happied = proactively smiling and thinking positive thoughts. And the rest of the week I had an immense feeling that everything would work out.

On Monday I went girly shopping. Do not confuse girly shopping with girls going shopping. No no no, bit of a crowbar please, thank you. Girly shopping is something entirely different from say buying a blender (which I did on Sunday, YAY!!! Finally! I can't wait to blend something.) or a tshirt (not done lately). Girly shopping lends to the concept of buying girly essentials. I haven't done this in a really long time and I felt it was time I start liking my unmentionables again. It's shexshy time!



On Tuesday I got compliments from three different clients about how they love to work with me. This made me smile all day long. Of course, my Dad tried to rain on my parade with some snarky comment about them "just being happy they are getting help" (Read: Sometimes I think if I were to prick his finger, he'd bleed an effin rain cloud), but that did not deter me from my happy wagon! And Wednesday only got better! Around mid day I get a call to go up to the front desk because I had a delivery. Turns out a super sweet family of clients I work with sent me the most beautiful pot of geraniums. This thing is massive and gorgeous! I've left it at my desk all week just so I could smile each time I see it. And then, also unknown to me at the time, they also sent a glowing email to my boss(s) about me! Could I love my job anymore?! I think not.



I also got my online banking reinstated and made my very first dr appointment on Tuesday. I am plainly delighted about this. Let's just be honest, it's fabulous. For over a year, due to the bank's fowl up, I have been unable to view my bank account online. I find this to be an inconvenient pain in the arse. I am now thrilled to be the proud member of online banking with both checking and credit. This is so exciting for me! And to top it off, my medical benefits kick in next week (woohoo!) and I made my first dr appointment. The best thing of all? I get the same doctor I had a bazillion years ago that I was going to request. Makes life so much easier sometimes when they beat you to the punch, hehe.

There's a competion between the flower pot day and yesterday for "best day of the week". Flower pot was pretty cool. But then again, yesterday could be cooler. Yesterday I was able to finally check another thing off my list. Go Kayaking. Check. AMAZING!!! I'm in love with kayaking now. There were some definite concerns at times . . . I'm not a skinny mini so finding a boat was oh so fun, I have giant tatas so finding a lifejacket was even funner (yes, I said funner) and the final clincher . . . getting in and out of the boat without tipping, getting stuck or killing yourself. All not recommended. But I did it! And it was worth it. We took a paddle up a beautiful two hour paddle at sunset up a calm river. No bugs, saw a graceful blue heron, saw hawks soaring the air currents, saw playful river otter and it was warm and beautiful. Could not have asked for better conditions. And to beat all that, it was a small group of older ladies who all were very helpful and non-judgemental and oh so sweet. I didn't feel like a dunsky at all! And I've been slowly building my water friendly wardrobe so I looked fashionable to boot, hehe. I can't wait to go again! And hopefully take pictures soon too!

And finally there's today. Friday. TGIF. I was thinking that today was going to be icky. I thought, eh, I've had my goodness for the week, it's ok. Not so, it's not ok!!! And God said, let there be goodness! And then there was Tom Selleck. Why yes Amazon.com, I would love for you to deliver my two favorite Tom Selleck movies on dvd (Quigley Down Under & The Sacketts) today. And so it was. Huzzah! I think for tonight, a Tom Selleck movieness and room clean up is in order. Yeehah!

Today I also held a gun. This would be my second time holding one and my first time learning how to hold one correctly. Now please note, this is not for gang banger shits and giggles. It is one of the things on my list: To learn how to shoot a gun. I confessed to a friend who, unbeknownst to me, is an avid gun guy and goes shooting at the ranges quite often. He offered to take me sometime soon. This is exciting. To check another thing off my list would be awesome!!!



So speaking of my list and since I am in a confessional mood, I will share one more list item with you: To experience Dia de los Muertos. Day of the Dead. I love the culture behind it and I absolutely LOVE the artwork that goes with it. For those who don't know the concept, GO HERE. Did I meantion my wikipedia affliction? For those who do . . . enjoy some lovely artwork below.









So, now you might be wondering what holds in store for my weekend . . . I have no idea. But I know it can only be goodness! Love to all of my ladies and jellyspoons <3




No comments:

Post a Comment