Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Laundry List




Well happy Sunday everyone! It's been a beautiful weekend here in Ptown and quite an interesting day for lil ole me. Apparently I was not quite prepared for the heat like I thought. I had a nasty headache all day long and took until late this afternoon to figure out I was dehydrated. Silly ole me. This is the second time this year that I've experienced it. I sincerely hope that if it decides to happen again that I'll figure it out a whole lot quicker. I wasted the whole damn day wandering around places being unable to make any sort of decision. It was ridiculous I tell you! All I could deccide was that nothing seemed right. And I was cranky. Cranky, headachey and indecisive. Not a good combo it make. There were some good moments though . . . I went to the farmer's market and bought some peonies. I love the farmer's market. All the hubub and bustle, the smells and colors. And each week, the one I go to has a different music artist or group playing. I love that you can stop and get lost for a moment in the moment. It's beautiful. I also got my patio furniture and hibatchi cleaned out. I have one plastic chair that's hopeless to a fault, but the rest look good. I am on the hunt for new chair covers and I will prevail! Sans headache of course. I also need to replant two planters, but that shall have to wait for another day. After all that though . . . I thought I would conclude my day with finally being able to check off some items from my laundry list de blog.

First off, I heart the iPad commercial. Not because of the nature of it or the iPad itself mind you, though it is well done, but above all else, for the voice. Ah yes, the voice! Now you might be wondering who . . . I'll tell you . . . Peter Coyote! So more than the commercial, I heart Peter Coyote. When I was younger I had the hugest crush on Peter Coyote. He was the "good guy" in several 80's movies and was just the bees knees. Now grant you, he was "older", but he was still a stud. And his voice is great. Up there with Sean Connery's and Liam Neeson's for me.

Second off, I would like to touch on postal happiness. I have long thought that postmen were some of the greatest people on earth. Like disney characters. I mean, yes, sure, they deliver junk mail and bills. But then there are times where you get lucky and they deliver you happy news and wonderful letters. I love receiving good mail.
A week or so ago I received a letter from my soldier and I can't wait for more! This weekend I sent my first care package filled with yummy goodness and fun to him.

I have a confession to make . . . I have a secret addiction to wikipedia. It's awesome and horrid all at the same time. On one hand, it's all this great information at your fingertips with one click. On the other hand,, it suckers you in! You start reading about a platypus and then get dragged into reading about the wolverine and other australian animals that are rare, some who live in trees and others with facial deformity disease plaguing the population. One moment you click to read about the poppy, the next you're reading about heroin and morphine and NSAIDs and anti-inflammitories and the nervous system. It's a vicious vicious cycle! You feel intelligent in your effective time waste management, yet the time is gone, to be found no more. It's evil I tell ya.

I'm rethinking the happy birthday song avoidance I'm partaken in for years in public venues. For years I have avoided both singing and, more so, being sung to by the happy birthday theme song(s). I avoid it like the plague. However, it never fails, each time I find myself sitting in Red Robin for an extended period of time I am subjected to the age old Red Robin version happy birthday song. Because of this, I know it by heart. Before it was just general disdain and repugnance towards this tune and clappage. Then I started counting the number of times I encountered said song during the sit-in. I have now been suckered in to clapping along and feigning faux enthusiasm. It turns out this has become noticed. I went to dinner one night wiath a friend and while on a bathroom mission was blockaded by said birthday clapping singing entourage. I did my typical feign and upon ending, one waiter said I should partake more often and help them sing in the future. It has come full circle and the sadness ensues.

I will finish this evening with a theme that seems to be rearing it's ugly little head as of late. Man jewelery. Aside from a token ring or a good watch and cuff links, perhaps a clean cut earing, I find man jewelery unacceptable. The gold chains in the fuzzy fur and the bracelets. Uh uh. I extend this to car jewelery. I don't count car decals with this. Just the weird hanging paraphernalia to be found dangling from said man's mirror. Please note, I will exclude a crucifix, despite the fact that it should not be dangling over me will in the act of mating. But fuzzy dice, mardi gras beads, your gold chain collection, etc etc. There is no need to include these in one's vehicle. And to be honest, it merely makes you look more douchey. Cease and desist post haste.

Alrighty, I'm heading to bed. Love to all my ladies and jellyspoons.




No comments:

Post a Comment