Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Falling In Love: Meet Boo

In life there are all sorts of things to fall in love with . . . a beautiful day, yourself, a song, an emotion, trying something new, a place and if you're really lucky, a person. I suppose that I should admit that with the departure of my ex, I was feeling a bit of a void of love. I was falling in love with life again, with feeling, with my emotions and with doing stuff I actually wanted to. But, the void was still somewhere back there. I've always been a firm believer that God gives you just what you could handle. Sometimes I wish he would stop trusting me with so many things though lol. He also knows just what you need. And thus, he said 'let there be dog'! Bam!

The Story of Boo: On 4th of July weekend I went up to my parents in Washington. We chillaxed with BBQ, did sparklers, watched the idiots across the street try to blow themselves up. I even bought glow necklaces on a whim for fun. It's all fun in games 'til your mom unexpectedly whacks you with one of those while she's twirling. Worse when it happens repeatedly. Thank heavens she invested in new spectacles! Anywho, the next day we wake up from our evening of shenanigans and opt for a drive. And God said, 'let her have a bright idea'! Pulling out of the town, we were suppose to turn right. For shits and giggles, I suddenly was curious about the town the other direction. So we went, we saw, we came back. And on our way balk, casually trotting along the side of the road was this sweet looking dog. Now a preface this entire thing by saying these are in leash law towns so you would notice if your pooch is missing. We pull over and then second I step out, she comes a' running! She charges head first into my legs and instantly is a ball of love. I walk over to the car to speak with my mom and the pooch hops right in! And instantly she is at home. Go figure. We drove around, looked for tags, looked for owners . . . nothing. And suddenly, I became the proud owner of a puppy dog.

Puppy-dog Beauty: For years I've wanted another dog. I himmed and hawwed, said no with the excuse that it was money and we were never home, blah blah blah. I also never wanted to train a dog. All of these families want puppies for their kids and there's puppy mills everywhere. I don't want a puppy. Cutes, but no bueno. I do not have the tolerance or patience. So I think I ended up being THE luckiest girl in the world. She's house trained, she sits and stays for a treat, walks ok on a leash and doesn't bark. She still needs formal training, but her cuddlebug-ness outweighs this small dark spot. She rides uber well in the car and will go anywhere with you. She survived the puppy wash pretty good, though she hates the blow dryer as much as she hates the vacuum. Thank heavens she's short haired. I've even gotten her to like her crate, though to be honest, I haven't had the heart to close it on her. We had some initial destruction when she was still super insecure, but that's gotten much better. I will say though that she's a counter surfer and looks at plastic as something to chow down on. This has been most recently the bane of my existance as she's eating undelightful things. Oh well I suppose. Honestly though, I could not have asked for a better dog. And she makes my dad melt into a big love bug which wasn't easy to do, hehe. My favorite things about her: The smile on her face when she plays, how when she walks her booty wiggles and how one of her all black ears has a white tip and strip on the underside. It's cutes.

And just in case you were wondering about the cuteness, here are some photos :)

The Day We Met When She Curled Up In The Backseat





Conked out puppy dog


First Day Out On The Trails


The Cuddle Bug


So this beautiful bundle of loveness is awesome and has been taking up mucho time. I recommend to all of you though, if you have room in your heart and home to consider adopting a rescue dog. They have a lot of love to give and there's sure to be a special one out there just for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment