Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hump Day



Today is hump day. Happy hump day everyone! I sort of feel like this day is a touble edged sword . . . the day is dragging and I am lagging so it definitely themed with "getting over the hump", but then it's always twinged with the fact that it's painfully obvious this week that I need to get laid . . . hump. Don't get me wrong, I've had the opportunity, and still do, I've just chosen to not acquiesce the request.  And as further support of this, I was thinking such and then my chocolate fortune message says "hey, why not". Geez.

I was running late this morning. Didn't say it wasn't my own fault, but either way I was running late. So in an effort to shave down some time, breakfast kind of went out the window. I think this sort of contributed to the laggy feeling. Ugh. And I got my wish today . . . it's nowhere near as busy as it was yesterday lol. This is good and bad. Good: gives you time to occupy yourself (blog). Bad: contributes to the time moving slow feeling. Had lunch, that sort of helped, But alas, the semi-bad nature of the meal didn't make me feel the greatest . . . just like I knew it wouldn't. And still I ate it. Masochist. On the flip side, I'm having a good hair day and trying to have faith that the clouds will indeed burn off and the next few days will be warm and sunny. Yes please!

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Kind of nerve-racking. I don't have insurance currently so the cost is all out of pocket. And it's a referral from a friend so it's a new-to-me doctor. Hopefully she'll be nice to me lol. I've been battling a middle ear infection for the last month or so. Editor's note: "battling" is code word for ignoring. But I'm really sensitive to the idea of losing my hearing and frankly this pressure/itchy ear feeling is getting old so I'm just bitin' the bullet and sauntering up to the bar. Might as well add one more thing to my medical bill tab. Gotta look at the upside though, at least I'll be able to get some things taken care of finally.

I'm having a good hair day today I think. It's always when I do nothing to it that I get a good hair day. Then when I try, it comes out eh. Go figure . . .


Hmmm what else . . . I can now check something off my bucket list. For the last year or so I've been wanting to "adopt a soldier". They have these really great programs out there where you can adopt an enlisted soldier while they are deployed and write them letters and send care packages. I've been wanting to do so, but never really got around to it. So finally I committed and got myself a soldier to write to. As part of the deal, I have to write at least one letter a week (seems easy to me) and send at least one care package a month. I love this program because you never know who you are going to get. It could be a guy or girl, anywhere, in any military branch, any race or religion, married or single. It's undiscriminatory. You just get someone in need of some day brightening. I like that. If anyone is interested, check out Soldiers' Angels for more information and ways to get involved.

Alrighty folks, I have to get going to my appointment. Catch y'all later!



No comments:

Post a Comment