Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Queen Bee Is Back!




I feel AMAZING right now! I spent all night working on my darn computer and finally got it working smoothly. For months now it's been sitting in it's sad corner of sad-dom. All lonely and sad like. If it could frown, it would have. I was angsty about using it due to it's slowness (poor ole' guy) and the fact that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my wireless keyboard and mouse. So finally, thanks to my tv diet (more on that later), I got it all working again. I suppose there is something to be said for being a professional nerd by day . . . you have the patience to spend three hours getting your computer working again. And feel great when it does! It was also annoying that I've wanted to start blogging at night and I couldn't. But now I can. Look out! So woohoo to me!

On to the tv diet . . . I made myself a challenge . . . to essentially go a week without tv. now, I did allow myself a "gimme" if you will. I am allowed to have the tellie (or a movie) on, while I am doing something else. In other words, no zoning out to the boob tube. I can watch something if I'm eating breakfast or dinner, but as soon as the meal ends, so does the tv. I can turn on a movie or show in the background, while cleaning my room or doing laundry. When I'm done, it goes off. You might wonder what prompted this sudden decision . . . I hear random comments floating around that I watch too much tv because I know commercial or movie lines by heart. Note: I've always had this talent no matter how much tv I watch and I can do the same thing with books. What I love, I remember. I also thought I would see how productive I would be if the tv was not a time wasting option. I will say, thus far I have been quite productive. On Saturday I got tons o' stuff done. Yesterday I did lots of laundry, flipped my mattress (finally!), and did more room cleaning out. Today I did the grocery shopping and got all of my BPO pictures done early for work tomorrow. Btw, driving in the rain storm and trying to take semi-outdoor pictures, not so easy. I've read each night before bed which is really nice. I love to read. It calms my brain at night and I can just be. Tomorrow should be interesting. I'm hoping to finish cleaning out my bedroom and perhaps work some on my desk area. I'm in a big cleaning out mood. I think I've let go of a lot of the attachment I had to things that weren't really functional. I feel like cleaning it out and letting it go gives me room to usher in new things. Symbolic.

PT: Pt kicked my ass today. For those not on the information boat: PT = physical therapy. And it kicked my ass today. I love physical therapy because it's helping me start to get back into the workout moad after having been a slug the last three months with the broken limb. But oooeee, they are serious about making you work. Today we added a new excercise . . . squats while standing on balance balls. I don't do regular squats as it is. Though God knows I should. But not you're making me attempt to balance while doing so. Holy cow. And then of course there's the trusty Jane Fonda hip workout leg lifts that make you want to die. They realy are lovely and it's great to know they are working, but still . . . it's a little bit shoot-me-now. I should stop whining. It's good. I definitely need all the help I can get in losing the weight and tonng up. I still haven't been brave enough to go back to the gym and start swiming again. I'm not sure why. I need to get over it and just start doing again. I will feel good once I do. I'm hoping tomorrow.

Blog Happiness: I'm a happy blogger. I'm happy to be blogging again. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I started again. I used to blog every night pratically and about everything under the sun. I'm not afraid of topics or being personal. I think I'm afraid of what happens when I don't have that outlet. No goodness can come of that. I will say that the one downfall of the bloggage: I stay up late. hehe.

I have more to talk about, but I think that will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm pooped, and rightfully so, and I think it's time to go climb into bed and wind down. Love to all my ladies and jellyspoons and a peaceful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment