Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Color Of Love



"The pattern of color and light is unique to each person; no two are alike and no pattern is ever the same twice."

I have long been a firm believe that each person has a light and color. This may be because of how I see people in general and it may be because of my art. Or it may be both. When I think of someone substantial in my life, I can feel their color. That probably sounds strange. To "feel" a color. I think of someone and I feel them and our experiences together, and if I close my eyes, I can see their color. The more vibrant the person and experiences, the easier it is to feel. Also, the more confident I am in the relationship between that person and I, the easier it is to let go and just feel their color.

I think love can bring out your colors as well. I think they can enhance them . . . make them deeper, enhance them, make them pop. I think good people can bring out your color and make it shine while others can dull it, like they dull your soul. I think this goes doubly so for love. Someone who loves you, someone you have love for, sharing your love . . . all of these can enhance your color. But, this also can apply to the love you have for yourself. Without that love and inner peace, your light and color can struggle to shine.

Have you ever met someone that shines? Someone so beautifully vibrant that you just want to be in their presence? To be in their light? I think there are some wonderful souls that were just blessed to shine their light in a way that could never be put out.

I've struggled in my life with my light and color. let things obscure it or dull it or hide it. Even hidden it myself from the world. I know now this was a shame. I always know when my color is good and clear, when my soul feels happy and content and I'm in a good place. I strive to be here every day and to surround myself with those that are just as lovely.

If you don't already . . . let your light shine and know your color. Know the color of your love. It is one of the greatest gifts to yourself, and to those who impact your life with beauty and happiness.

And by the way, I love the painting shown. It is Marc Chagall and I've alwways found it strikingly beautiful. When he painted from his heart, he knew what the color of love was.

"Each relationship between two persons is absolutely unique. That is why you cannot love two people the same. It is simply not possible. You love each person differently because of who they are and the uniqueness that they draw out of you. And the more you know another, the richer the colors of that relationship."

No comments:

Post a Comment